Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday Wishes and Flowers, Oh My


This little card just kept growing and growing and growing (smile). I started off with the adorable little Lili of the Valley image -- nice, simple, cute little image, right? Then I had to add lace and flowers and ribbon and stitching -- and before I knew it, I'd spent way more time creating this birthday card than I had originally planned. Do you ever do that? Do your projects grow with you? I'm a pretty simple kind of gal, and I generally have a good idea of what I'm going to do before I get started. I tend to be rather "controlled" with my art work.

My little granddaughter is a free flowing crafter. She doesn't really like planned projects and is much happier when I just let her have free access to the craft room. She will pull out this and pull out that, try this color and that color. In the end, she is satisfied and (usually) has a pretty cute project.

I fully support free flowing creativity. I think it develops so many positive characteristics in a person -- creative thinking, adaptability, a sense of accomplishment, etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately, I'm not comfortable with it in my own creative processes. I've led a pretty structured life, and sadly I tend to be that way with my art, so the above card, for me, is a bit "wildly over the top." However, I have to say that once in a while it is fun to just go with the flow and see where it leads.

The image is Lili of the Valley on Cryogen cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The green card is Bazzill, and the mauve DP is some very old paper by a company no longer in business. I followed a sketch for the formatting. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I plan to enter this card in the following challenges:

Wild Orchid Crafts - http://wildorchidchallenge.blogspot.com
Birthday Sundaes - http://birthdaysundaes.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is soooo pretty! I love LOTV images...so cute.....and I get what you mean about creations growin' with you, but this seems just perfect to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really, really pretty. The mahoosive bow is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Gorgeous image!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenee this is absolutely gorgeous hun! I love what you have done with our sketch! So beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is beautiful, love LOTV cards and this is gorgeous.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenee, this is fantastic!! You need to 'go wild' more often girl! I love everything about your card, it's wonderfully embellished and the bow looks great! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete