Sunday, June 26, 2011

Housework Fairy

Don't we all wish housework fairies really existed? Some people are fortunate enough to have cleaning services or persons, which is pretty close to having a housework fairy (except for having to pay them). My Mother had cleaning persons. I didn't. It's not that I like to clean (I don't), but I dislike paying someone else to do it even more. Thus, a nice (free) fairy would be a mighty handy thing to have -- ah, such is the stuff of which dreams are made, right?

This week the challenge at Mo's Digital Pencil (http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/) is "Flowers, Flutters, Fairies, Fancy Fold" and we could use one, any or all for our card. I wanted to make a birthday card for a girlfriend, so I chose this little image. The inside of the card reads: "I was going to send you the Housework Fairy for your birthday, but she kept eluding me (if you don't believe me, just look at my house). Hope you have a happy birthday anyway!"

I am also entering this card in the 2Sisters challenge at http://www.2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ as the theme for their weekly challenge is Fairies and I'm submitting it at http://www.aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the colors and the cluster of flowers! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Jenee! Love your coloring and the gorgeous layout! Glad you've shared it with us in Mo's challenge!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenee...how stinkin' cute!! I really love this little darlin'...and she's beautifully colored!!! And that is the cutest sentiment EVER!! You are soooo clever! I may have to "borrow" that sentiment sometime! hehehe! I'm just delighted that you've joined us for this fun challenge at Mo's!! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous stamp this is... reminds me of my mother, who always did her own housework. Now that she's older, she can afford to have her own House Fairy... lol Beautiful colouring!

    ReplyDelete