Friday, December 14, 2012

Red, White and Green

I am still running behind. As much as I love the Christmas season, this one has been a bit more hectic than usual. Anyhoo, this is not the time nor place for a sob story (grin). It is time for another challenge at Card Crafter's Circle, so here is my DT card. This week our theme is traditional Christmas colors -- red, white and green. Just a note that this is a color theme, so your card doesn't necessarily have to be for Christmas. If you are like many of us (myself included), you've pretty much finished up your Christmas cards for the year (and hopefully, unlike me, you've already gotten them posted).

Our wonderful sponsor for this week is Robyn's Fetish, and one randomly drawn winner will receive their choice of five (5) digital images from Robyn's Fetish ... thank you for such a generous prize!






Despite the challenge NOT necessarily having to be Christmas, Robyn provided the DT with lovely Christmas/winter images (you MUST take the time to go over to Card Crafter's Circle and see the lovely cards the DT members have made). I received this BEAUTIFUL holly and bow image with which to work (isn't it gorgeous??). I colored it with Copic markers and cut the image with a circle Spellbinder die. I then used the scalloped circle die to mat the image.

I used an embossing folder by The Paper Studio called Intricate Swirl, DP from Echo Park's Very Merry Christmas 6x6" pad, pearls from Recollections and poinsettia flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts to round out my red, white and green card.

5 comments:

  1. Jenee, I just love the traditional colors of Christmas and this card "says it all"! So beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, Jenee.....the colouring gives such depth to your lovely image, and the embossed panel adds richness and texture. I also love the pearls.....pearls always add elegance, methinks....I wonder if Father Christmas knows that?....may have to drop him a line....hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! I love red, green, white for Christmas!!! This image is so pretty and colored beautifully!! I love the swirly embossing, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, i would say i have been too busy, because i missed this one and it is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete