Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sweet Angel Marci


Hello fellow crafters! It is another Tuesday, and we have another wonderful sketch for you over at Tuesday Morning Sketches (in my case, we are going to have to start calling it Tuesday Afternoon Sketches - grin). Anyway, our wonderful leader, Melissa, is this week's sponsor and because it is her birthday week, she is going to give some lucky person a nice selection of birthday items (don't we all always need to make birthday items??).

Here is this week's sketch:


Melissa also designed this week's sketch. It is a nice, clean, classic design that I know you will be putting into your "go to" file. It is definitely in mine!

I am already thinking Christmas and have started making Christmas cards for this year. This one uses a La La Land Marci image that I actually colored (confession time) last year. I liked this image so much that I ended up coloring about a half dozen in different colors. This one has Star Dust Stickles on the halo, the wings, the collar, sleeve cuffs and dress bottom (all the areas that appear white in the photo). It makes for a lovely sparkle to this sweet little angel. The rest is colored using Copic markers.

The designer paper is from a 12x12" Christmas pad by American Crafts. The card base is green card and the red scalloped oval (cut with Spellbinder die) is red card. Marci was fussy cut and glued to the oval. The sentiment came from ???. Yup, I can't remember where it came from. It was just in my stash and fit perfectly. I used pop dots on the back to give the sentiment a little lift.

I am keeping my Christmas cards relatively "flat" this year in order to keep the postage fees down. It has been a challenge to make lovely cards without the bulk of flowers, ribbon bows, etc. I definitely think this week's sketch works quite well in providing a good looking card without the bulk. 

Stop by the TMS Blog and have a look at what the rest of the DT have created for you this week. We would love to have you join in this week's challenge. In the mean time,

Happy Crafting and have a blessed week!

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Christmas card Jenee. I love the paper choices and the image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable Christmas card Jenée, I'm so close to starting some Christmas cards too and if I pull it off it will be thanks to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Jeneé!! Your angel is adorable and I love the musical DP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The musical background looks so cute with this little angel, and the details are fabulous! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete