Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Birthday Card


Last week I worked every single day except Wednesday, and on Wednesday I road up to South Carolina to see my Mother-in-law. The trip usually takes about 3-3.5 hours (one way), so not too bad for a one day trip. However, because of a road problem on I-85 in Atlanta, traffic had to be rerouted for several weeks and was still being rerouted when we headed up to SC. Add another 1-1.5 hours, each way, to our trip. Quite a tiring day and quite a tiring week. As a result, I did not get my DT card for Tuesday Morning Sketches completed. 

Thought, though, that while I am reminding everyone to check out the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and this week's sketch, I'd also share a card I made for a girlfriend for her birthday. Those charming little flowers are from the Woodland Collection stamp and die set by Heartfelt Creations. After cutting, inking, and shaping the sweet little flowers, I added a pink pearl to the center and placed them on leaves from the collection. The background is embossed, and the sentiment was stamped. I needed to cut out the sentiment so it would show on that embossed background, and my girlfriend (whose house I was at while making the card) only had the one die that would work. It would not have been my first choice if I had been home, but "beggers can't be choosers." (smile)

The butterfly was stamped on Vellum and embossed with white embossing powder. I took a pink Prisma color pencil and colored the back of the butterfly before adhering it to the card.

Hope you will go over to the TMS Blog, have a look at this week's sketch and join in this week's challenge. We always love to see what our followers do with the sketches we share. This week's is another classic sketch that I'm sure will be used over and over. Each different combination of papers and images make the sketch look totally different!

Thanks for stopping by. I promise to be back on track this week and will have a new DT card to share with you this coming Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment