Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Sweet Baby


This week's sketch allows for a lot of fun depending on the colors you pick or the theme you want. You are definitely going to have fun with it. It is also a good one for using some of those scraps we all tend to keep.

Here's we go:






Isn't this a neat sketch? You will be surprised at all of the different "looks" you can get with this sketch. Definitely drop by the Tuesday Morning Sketches Blog to have a look at all the lovely cards the DT have made using this sketch.

I used DP from a K&Company baby pad for the different pieces of my card. This is a great sketch for using some of those beautiful scraps we all tend to keep, but I didn't have any that would work for the baby theme since it isnt really a theme for which I do a lot of cards. I used the Spellbinder's square nesting dies to get the different sized squares. The image is by Magnolia, Sleeping Tilda, and I colored it with my Copic markers then fussy cut it. I mounted the baby using pop-up foam dots. I then felt the card (5.5" x 5.5" square) looked a little empty, so I added the two corner pieces and tiny pink buttons.

This week's prize is being provided by Tuesday Morning Sketches (picture not available at this time). I understand it is a cute die set that Melissa got at Hobby Lobby. Have you noticed that TMS is providing more and more of the prizes? We have had a drop in sponsors as businesses are closing or are using their own design teams. We wanted to continue to provide fun incentive to all of you to participate in our weekly challenges, so we are providing the gifts. What do you think? We'd like to hear from you as to how you feel about the prizes being offered. Leave us a comment at the blog and tell us what you think. 

Thanks. Have a great week! 

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! I love your image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious and I love those baby colors! The corners with those itty bitty buttons just make this the cutest card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - super sweetness. The soft palette is perfect for this sleeping baby angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet sweet card I love it Jenee!!

    ReplyDelete