Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Thinking of you



You know that, as a general rule, I really like our Tuesday Morning Sketches sketches. However, every now and then one comes along that I have a hard time wrapping my head around. Sadly, this one was one of those sketches. First I tried doing this sketch with all paper (picking coordinating strips from my scrap bags), but that didn't work for me. Then I thought about those decorative tapes -- um, realized that I didn't like them so had given all mine away. OK, finally settled on ribbon, but I really wasn't totally happy with that choice either. At any rate, several attempts at filling my waste basket with aborted cards, I finally ended up settling for this one.

I have a white card base. The dotty paper is matted with pink card. The ribbons are various shades of pink which do match the dots in the background but aren't exactly my favorites. 

The flower is one that I made several years ago. A couple of my girlfriends and I decided we would all search for different types of flowers and try to make them. This one is made by cutting the flower shape and then folding the petals to create some dimension. I added a purchased pre-made paper flower to the center and a crystal gem. 

Because that seemed a little plain to me, I added the punched butterfly and a tail of crystal gems. Lastly, I added the sentiment which I stamped onto pink paper and cut into an oval shape using a Marianne die.

I hope you have better luck communicating with your Muses on how to use this sketch. The other DT members had no problem (sad face)! As I said, sometimes it just doesn't work for all of us, and this was my turn!

Do give it a try. Remember we have that really grand prize at the end of July, and each week's entries will be used to pick the winner, so the more week's you participate, the better your chances of winning (and if you don't happen to want or need the prize, I'll happily take it off your hands (LOL)!

4 comments:

  1. I think you're much too hard on yourself because the ribbon strips made for a great card in the end! The hand-made flower is so pretty, and I just love the little butterfly with the trail of gemstones! Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're too hard on yourself. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fun - it's making me crave Neopolitan ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Debbie, you made a perfectly beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete