Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Santa Face

Happy Tuesday everyone. This week's sketch is a wonderfully classic sketch that you can do loads with. As I told you last week, I am in Christmas mode. However, before I go into any details about my card, here is the sketch:


Our prize this week is a bag of 10 Washi tapes. As Melissa said, it is a rainbow in a bag (smile)!

About two decades ago, when I was still painting, I found some wrapping paper with small pictures of vintage Santas. Using several of them as samples, I painted several of them as ornaments. The clip art I've used on this card is similar to one of the ones I painted.

I started with a tan 6x6" base for this card. The base and the other papers used on this card came from my scrap pile, so I was able to make this lovely card without cutting into any new paper (win-win). On top of the tan base, I put a layer of green card. On top of that, I placed a layer of red and cream stripe. Along the side I placed a strip of matching red with gold swirls. Despite having basically four layers, this card is not bulky nor weighty, so should not require additional postage (except extra for non standard shape). I cut the clip art using one of my Spellbinder nesting circle dies and I cut the green mat with the next size nesting die. The sentiment is from a set I got last a couple years ago with the purchase of a stamping magazine from the UK. I used warm red chalk ink, tan paper and green card to create the sentiment.

The whole card has a nice vintage feel which compliments the clip art perfectly. 

You will want to visit the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to see the wonderful cards the other DT have made. I've said it before, but it is worth repeating, we have some really wonderful designers on our team. Take a peek and then leave some love on their individual blogs.
 

6 comments:

  1. You do painting too? WOW, you are one talented lady! I love how this has such a great vintage flair and you're so resourceful with the materials you use! I'm always fond of traditional red and green Christmas colors, and that touch of gold in the side panel is such a lovely addition of color! Well done on this Christmas beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TWO DECADES ago ya right you're not that old!!!!! I do love these classic old saints - my mom always did too and now my son really likes them, we'll see if any of the grandkids happen to in the future. I can't imagine painting these Santas! That's very cool that you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ha ha, I guess it never sank in you said "your husband of over 50 years - I haven't a clue why I thought you were in your 20's for some reason. Funny how we form our imagination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Jenée!! I love the vintage feel to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card! Your on a roll with your Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jenee - I am loving all these beautiful vintage Santas.

    ReplyDelete