Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Halloween


Hello everyone and happy Tuesday. It is time for another Tuesday Morning Sketches sketch. Here is the sketch:





Our prize this week is being given by Tuesday Morning Sketches and here it is:


I have to admit that I had a little trouble "feeling" this sketch. That doesn't happen very often, but once in a while, we have a sketch that just doesn't "speak" to me, and this was this year's sketch. I finally struggled through, but I'm not totally happy with the results.

I started with a black card and layered a piece of dotty paper from one of my Halloween paper packs. I cut the strips for the left corner from the same piece that I cut the corner triangle. The three little image are cut out from another piece of paper from the Halloween pack. I did not have a circle punch that would work because the circles were too close together, so  ended up fussy cutting each of the three images. I punched circle for each from black and adhered the image to the top of the circle. I then adhered the circles to the triangle. From yet another piece of Halloween paper, I cut the word and matted in onto black. 

The card was quick and easy to put together, but . . . well, I hope it gives you inspiration as to what NOT to do (LOL)!

I truly would love to see what all you do with this sketch. The other DT members have made beautiful cards to inspire you, so please stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look.

I had a wonderful birthday last week -- did anyone miss me (smile)? I ate out four days in a row (can you see the extra pounds on my hips??). Saturday night the Hubs took me to see a Trace Adkins concert. I had a blast, and I have to give the Hubs special kudos for enduring the evening. He just does not appreciate the country/western genre, but he sat through it for me! He did admit that he was actually having fun watching me shake my booty and acting like a teeny-bopper! Sunday (my actual birthday) was celebrated with family members (one of my four meals out), and Monday I attended a luncheon with former classmates and other alumni from high school. All in all, it made turning another year older lots of fun!

Now, if you are still with me, you go have some fun in the craft area and whip up a scumpdillious card to enter in this week's challenge.

4 comments:

  1. You are the fussy-cutting queen with scissors! My goodness, I could never fussy cut those tiny images without botching them all up! LOL Fun card with all the dots and I'm so glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration! Lucky you seeing Trace Adkins too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! Love going to concerts. This sketch was a tuff one for me too. Great job fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't a "what not to do" card - it turned out beautifully and I would never guess you struggled. I think it's cute.

    I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Melissa, I haven't a clue why you said it was a "what not to do card" but we can be hard on ourselves I do know. :) I love getting as many eating out meals for my birthday too!! Glad you had a really special birthday week and HAPPY belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete