Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Time for a Break


I bet you are thinking, "That's an odd title for this week's blog entry." After all, it is Tuesday, so supposedly it is time for a new Tuesday Morning Sketch. Yep, so far you are correct (on both counts). Let me say that my head just hasn't been working properly for the past week or so, so it is definitely time for a break. Here is this week's sketch:

 You will note that my card above looks NOTHING like the sketch. I colored up the pretty image provided by our sponsor and then proceeded to make my card -- only I looked at the wrong sketch!

I was exceptionally pleased with the way the flowers turned out. My coloring was quite good this time, and I was even pleased with the way I had combined Copic markers and Prisma colored pencils to get the look that I wanted. Everything fell right into place -- the papers matched nicely, the ribbon added a nice touch. I was really patting myself on the back with this one -- and then I went over to the TMS blog to post my card. . . 

That's when I discovered I had looked at the wrong sketch :-(

I apologize, but I am just going to have to go with the flow on this one. I am heading out of town tomorrow for the day to attend a luncheon, and today was filled with errands and some last minute decorating. Yesterday was granddaughter's birthday, and I spent the day with her and her mom having a girl's day at the beauty salon.

4 comments:

  1. At this busy time of the year, it's difficult for me to keep anything straight in my head, but you're forgiven :) Your card turned out beautiful even if it doesn't coordinate with the sketch! It's still a very pretty card and you did a great job with it! Now go enjoy yourself because that's what the holidays are all about! TC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!! Your coloring is always amazing but these flowers are really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beauty days! I am so glad you didn't try to re-create your card. It sounds like you had a better time than agonizing over the wrong sketch. Your card is beautiful - you should be proud of that coloring. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking it's time for a break too! My crafting mojo has went on vacation.....hoping it comes back in the new year! Your card turned out great sometimes mistakes are a good thing?!!

    ReplyDelete