Friday, April 27, 2012

Pearls and Lace


Our challenge this week over at Card Crafter's Circle was to use pearls and lace on our cards. Our wonderful sponsor is  DI'S DIGI DOWNLOADS! However, we were allowed to use images from other designers, and while I really LUV Di's images (and own quite a number of them), I had a need for this specific kind of card, so I used a Sassy Cheryls image instead.

The generous Di is offering our randomly drawn challenge winner a $10 credit at the shop (which equals about 4 images, or it can be used towards the purchase of a larger order). This is a wonderful offer, and I know our winner is going to have a hard time picking from among the fun, fantastic images offered in Di's shop.

The design team for Card Crafter's Circle really went above and beyond this week with some gorgeous cards featuring pearls and lace. Do hop over to http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/ and check them out. You won't be disappointed.

Now, to my little contribution. As mentioned above, the sweet little image is by Sassy Cheryls (http://www.sassycheryls.blogspot.com/). It is printed onto X-Press It Copic card and coloured with my Copic markers. The card base is pink by Bazzil. The pattern paper (pink floral and green) are from a 6x6" pad by Basic Gray called "Out of Print." The ecru lace is by a company called "Simplicity." I purchased it at my local, small fabric store. The large rose is from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the four small ones were in a package I purchased at Michael's as were the small pearls I used in the upper corner.

Once I coloured my image and cut it out using my circle Spellbinder die, it was just a matter of layering the different papers, lace and flowers to create my sweet little card. I used the same paper for the inside of my card. The sentiment is an actual stamp that belongs to my girlfriend (sorry, I meant to copy down the name of the manufacturer after I used it so I could list it here, but forgot -- as usual, we were busy crafting, talking and laughing, so I got side-tracked).

I hope you enjoy. Stop on over and enter your lovely creation in the pearls and lace challenge this week. Would love to see your art work.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
http://www.southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.com/ - get your girly on
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/ - little girl
http://littledarlingschallenges.blogspot.com/ - flowers

5 comments:

  1. I really do love the gentleness of this beautiful creation, Jenee, and the image is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous patterned paper, love the newsprint on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet - great use of designer papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! Wonderful how you've done the inside to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card love the image thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete