Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Seeing Things Differently

Going to give the challenge at {Pin}spiration challenge blog another go this week. It is kind of fun seeing how a picture inspires people. This week's photo -- well, instead of trying to explain, let me just show you ---

Now, I noticed that most of the DT members went for the love and marriage aspect of the photo. Not that I'm not a romantic at heart -- can go all mush over a good love story -- but the thing that struck (and inspired me) was the colour scheme and over all "country" feel of the photo. I saw the golden grasses in the field, the black of her jacket (that may be dark navy denim, but it looks black to me), the barn red of his checkered shirt and the browns and creams. So, with that in mind, I used a Magnolia stamp from the new fall collection, and here it is ---

I started with "Tilda with Peanut" stamped on Cryogen paper with tuxedo black Momento ink. I then colored her with my Copic markers. I picked up the golden grasses in her scarf, the black jacket in her skirt and shoes, and the cream blouse with Tilda's sweater.

I used cream card for the base and DPs from 7 Gypsies. The ecru lace is from the French General collection by Jolee's Boutique, and my flowers are by Wild Orchid Crafts.

And there you have it. Now I'll go enter it in the challenge at:
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenee....what a little pippin! I really....I mean REALLY like that colour scheme, and what a lovely piece of ecru lace....perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I can see the color inspiration you used, it works great (you can say the romance is Tilda lovin' her mouse..eek!) And your coloring of Ms. Tilda looks fabulous!! You done good girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colors on this card. Very nice.
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tilda and Peanut are adorable, Jenee. I love how you colored her hair. Lovely card.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing colouring - her hair looks fabulous! These colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenee, I just love how you interpreted this picture! I adore your colouring on this sweet country girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! This is the only stamp I ordered out of the new collection, can't wait to get it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Love your coloring and design!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Jenee! I love what you have created! You did fantastic job on the design and coloring!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smiling here..because i think friends are special too! This is really nice..i clicked on the image to see it even better and i love it! Thanks for joining us at the {Pin}spirational challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the photo, very pretty card
    hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet coloring on Tilda and this card is so pretty. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the inspiration photo!!! Love your card with little Tilda on it. So pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. And who thought browns couldn't look fabulous? Your creation is fantastic!

    I'm oh, so happy you shared this with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges this week. I invite you to join us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com as well!

    Lots of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is a beautiful and I wish now I would have ordered this image. She is so cute and I love the way you did her hair. Your design is great too and you match the photo really well. Very fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card and gorgeous coloration of this lovely stamp
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your interpretation of the photo. Beautiful card, wonderful colours, adorable Tilda and lovely embellishments - especially that beautiful lace.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  18. You created a great card and I love reading how you were inspired by this picture to use the colors.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card! Love the way you colored Tilda.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! I love it! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}spirational Challenge! Hope to see you again!!
    (¨`•.•´¨) Hugs
    .`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) from the
    (¨`•.•´¨)¸.•´ HEART
    .`•.¸.•´~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete