Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Marci Angel Ornament


Three pies are baked and ready for tomorrow. The turkey will go in along with the casseroles tomorrow morning, so I had a little time today to play around in the craft room. I've made this little Marci Angel (by La La Land stamps) up as a little ornament. I saw the idea online (Kim Bell design -http://scrapsoffaith.blogspot.com/). I've actually colored up two images, and I like the other better (I think the pleats look better on the second one), but the Hubster liked this image best (it has more glitter on it - HA! - all these years and I didn't realize my Hubby was a bling type guy). The other will eventually be used, too, just not this evening.

I colored Marci using Copic markers on Cryogen card. Her halo, collar, sleeves trim and bottom of her dress are covered with Stickles Diamond, and her wings are covered with Stickles Star Dust. The diamond color has more gold in it than the star dust (don't think you can tell from the photo); thus the reason for using the two.

I cut the snowflake background out using my Cricut Expression and the cartridge "Noel." The 6" snowflake is cut three times -- once from cardboard (a frozen pizza box, to be exact - you know what we had for supper tonight, right?), and then twice from a glittery paper from a Recollections pack. I glued the glittery paper to the front and back of the cardboard snowflake to give it more thickness and stability (and to cover the images on the cardboard).

After fussy cutting Marci, I adhered her to the snowflake using glue dots. Because the background is glittery, the glue dots adhered better than any other adhesive. I will punch a hole in the top of the ornament and string ribbon through for hanging, but I needed to make sure the glue was completely dry before doing that and also, it is more difficult to photograph with the ribbon strands.

This was a fun little project that I did simply for no reason except to relax and enjoy -- no DT assignment, no deadlines to meet. I am still practicing making pleats (going to get the hang of those things if it "kills" me - HA!), and as I said, I actually think I did better with the second set -- but I'm determined not to give up! Here is a picture of my two colored images side by side -- what do you think? The one on the left is actually my second one. The one on the right is the one I used on my project.

For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I wish you a wonderful one. Enjoy friends and families and may you have many blessing for which to be thankful.

Challenges:
http://toddhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/marci-angel-ornament.html - Christmas is Coming
http://hookedoncraftchallenges.blogspot.com/ - Christmas/No Red or Green
http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/ - Anything But a Card
http://totallystampalicious.blogspot.com/ - Christmas Using Non-traditional Colors



5 comments:

  1. Hi Jenee

    I absolutely love your ornament. She is adorable and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks so much for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog. I am also delighted you joined in my blog candy give away. All I need you to do is fill out the entry form on the top right side of my blog. If you have questions about it you can send me an email or I think I left some instructions on what to fill out in the blog candy post.

    Hugs

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet creation :) Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

    I invite you to share with us at this ANYTHING GOES challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/11/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-3.html

    Lots of crafty joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins!....hahaaa.....but, yep....the left has crisper pleats. A very sweet creation, my lady, and something that you can bring out at every family Thanksgiving and Christmas. Which reminds me......HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very sweet Christmas decoration Janee, they will look gorgeous on your Christmas tree.

    It's lovely to see you at Pretty Little Ribbons challenge this month, thanks so much to joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! It will look lovely on the tree.

    Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete