Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dutch Paper Crafts Release - Die-Version Dies

Tonight Darlene of Dutch Paper Crafts has released a set of Die-Version dies using samples that I did for her sometime last year. I was almost afraid I wouldn't be able to find the pictures to share with you (LOL)! Actually, my samples reached her in the fall about the time that all the new Christmas dies were being released, and since the Die-Version dies were less season specific (in fact, tend more towards a spring/summer theme), she held off releasing them until now. You can actually see a very nice video of my release by going to Dutch Paper Crafts or see the video at the bottom of this post . Darlene does a wonderful job of presenting the dies and the DT samples for you to see. However, I will recap the video in stills here and be glad to answer any questions you may have (just email me).

This first card I call "Simple Pleasure." 


I started with a white card base, then I matted a piece of white (which I embossed using QuicKutz bloom embossing folder) with purple card. I also lightly inked the embossed piece with purple Colorbox ink.  I cut the “Lucky Scallop” Whispers doily (DVW-4x4-117) and stamped my saying onto the middle. I adhered the doily atop the embossed piece and then added purple roses and buds (Wild Orchid Crafts) and punched leaves (I believe the punch is by McGill, but I’m not 100% positive as there is no name on it). I shaped my leaves with a stylus, and I brushed a thin coat of Star Dust Stickles onto the flowers. This scalloped die makes a beautiful background with the intricate scallops and small holes.

The second card using "Chrysanthemum" Whispers DVW-4x4-121 is called How Silently.

Even though the die is named "Chrysanthemum, I thought it looked a lot like a snowflake. As I said, I was creating these cards in the fall, so I was already thinking winter instead of spring (smile). I cut the die from white paper and layered it onto a piece of white that I embossed using Provo Craft's snowflake embossing folder. The embossed piece is matted with a silver gray, and my card base is white. I stamped my sentiment and heat embossed it with silver which I also matted with the gray card. I added pearls around the die cut and in the center. This is a beautiful die and would make a lovely background for your spring/summer images, too.

My next card is called "Live Happy; Go Shopping."

For this card, I layered a blue and white patterned DP onto a white card. I cut another pattered DP and layered that on top of the blue. I then cut a third DP (orange dotty paper) which I matted with orange, and placed it to the side. I’ve used the “Daisy Chain Scallop” Whispers doily (DVW-4x4-118) as my decorative backing for the little Magnolia Tilda stamp. I matted the sentiment with the orange paper and used foam dots on one end to make it “sit” level. I added a black and white ribbon/bow and orange flowers (Recollections and WOC). I finished with two small pearls in the bottom right corner. Isn't that daisy chain doily beautiful? 

The next card is called "With Love."
I covered the top of a white card with the butterfly DP and the bottom with stripy paper (both from a pack of paper from the UK). Using one of my Martha Stewart punches, I created a border across the card where the two papers meet. I placed ¼” pink gingham ribbon over the lacy border. I then placed my doily which was cut with “Flight of Fancy” Whispers die (DVW-4x4-119) in the middle of the card. I adhered my sentiment to the doily. I placed my Magnolia stamp to the left of the doily, and added pink pearls to the centers of the flowers created by the die. This beautiful die cuts an intricate design of butterflies, humming birds and flowers in an oval shape. The center creates a diamond shape which is large enough to add a sentiment, flowers, punched pieces, or a small picture. 

My last card is called "Gnome." 

For this card, I backed my die cut (“Spring Scenery," DVW-4x4-115) with a green circle (which I cut using a Spellbinder die). Rather than go with the “spring” theme, I decided to go with a little bit of a woodland look (again, remember spring had already passed, so I wanted to show the versatility of this die). I matted green DP with black and adhered those to a white card. I cut a darker green strip which I matted with black and adhered about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. I added the Whisper’s die cut over the strip. My little gnome is a digital image colored with Copic markers. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and my leaves are from the same punch previously mentioned. I added four black photo corners which I punched (Stampin Up), and 2 green pearls. This die would look equally as lovely with Easter/spring colors, but as shown, is not limited to that season.

All of the dies may be purchased from Darlene at Dutch Paper Crafts (in fact, she is giving a nice discount if you want to purchase the entire set -- although you may purchase individual ones). Simply go to the Dutch Paper Crafts blog and then email Darlene with the name and item number for the dies you wish to purchase. She is a wonderful vendor and will get your purchases out to you right away.

Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Jenee, these are all wonderful! Looks like you've been bitten by a really creative bug! Love the way you've used the dies and those magnolia girls are sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenee, i love all of these, i am ordering the Spring theme one..it's so cute. Looks like you made a postcard with the corners! I love the other cards too, but i think i have dies similar..so i can just use your ideas..like the butterfly card..i love that DP paper!

    ReplyDelete