Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Christmas Cheer


This week, we have a wonderfully simple but beautiful sketch for all of you. This sketch can be adapted to any kind of card (as you will see from the samples the DT have made). Our sponsor this week is returning sponsor Yours or Mine Paper Crafts.  Mei has a sweet little shop with all kinds of paper crafting treats.

Now here is our sketch for this week:



My girlfriend and I have gotten started on our Christmas cards for this year. (I have a confession to make in that I got behind and didn't get a lot of my cards in the mail last year, so I really have quite a head-start for this year's cards. I'm not proud of that confession and have a goal to do much better this coming holiday season.) This is a nice, CAS design that can look festive without adding lots of extra layers (translate extra postage).

My base card is red Bazzill card cut to 5" x 7" size. I then cut a layer of green DP from a Brenda Walton K&Company 12" x 12" Christmas pad (which I've had for a couple of years), and the fish-tail banner from a companion piece from the same pad. The K&Company pad contained two sheets with various sentiments and tags printed on it. My sentiment is one of the pre-printed elements from the pad page. I realized that maybe I should have scanned the page before cutting it so that I'd have additional sentiments/elements to use on other cards, and was much relieved there were two pices of this page. The two glittery holly leaves and berries are from a set of Jolee stickers that I purchased last year from Michael's Crafts.

Please stop by the blog. We have a new DT member, and I know you are going to love her work. Nina has been a faithful follower of TMS for quite a while, and we are so pleased she has agreed to join the team. 


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely Christmas card!! And I love that sketch too, and your cute li'l holly stickers *Ü* Great job getting that head-start this year Jenée!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Christmas card and a great take on the sketch.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jenee, these papers are great and the sentiment is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love that sentiment!
    Yay for getting Christmas cards done and for an easy to mail card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call it the card maker's version of the shoemaker's children going barefoot - I am generally awful at getting things in the mail! And if I do they are usually late :) This is just lovely - the sparkly holly sets off that sentiment panel beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Christmas card! Love the sparkly holly leaves! I am ALWAYS late with my cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully this year you'll get all your cards in the mail. You've got a great head start. The card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete