Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year


Happy new year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that you are now ready to get back to Tuesday Morning Sketches and to crafting. I know I did and I am (smile).

If you have been following TMS or my blog for a while, you know TMS starts each new year with a collection of DT member's favorites from the previous year. This week's sketch was selected from among Janice's favorites from 2016.  

Tuesday Morning Sketches is sponsoring this week's challenge.  The prize is a cute Christmas stamp (I know Christmas is over but this will give you a head start for next year), a 6x6 paper pad and some much needed reinkers for Versa-Mark, Staz-On (black) and Memento Tuxedo Black ink pads.

 So Janice is kicking it off with her favorite sketch, TMS #339.  This was created by Debbie and was first published on February 16th:





First, let me apologize for the washed out look of my card. I guess my mind was still in holiday mode because I used the wrong sketch. By the time I discovered it, it was getting late AND we were having a nice little rain storm -- in other words, not the best lighting conditions for taking my picture (sigh). 

Anyway, the card base is tan, the DPs are from a very old DCWV pad called Linen Closet. My image is a sweet Magnolia stamp. The flowers are from Recollections (large) and Wild Orchid Crafts (small), and the leaves are punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I altered the sketch slightly by using an oval die rather than a circle to better fit my image. You cannot tell in the photo, but the background DP, the strip piece, the large flower and the tiara all have a bit of glitter.

Join us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. See you next Tuesday, if not before. Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. That image is just gorgeous! Love your color. I know it is hard to photograph that paper (I have it too because of the shine of it). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Jenée!! I love it!!!
    (This color is soooo hard to photograph!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so sooo cute!! I love this paper, I'm still hoarding some of it and it's perfect with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cards just don't get any prettier than this Jenée!! I absolutely love it and if it's even prettier than the pic then WOWZER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! Your coloring is amazing!! Love those flowers you added.

    ReplyDelete