Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Miss Seeing You


Good morning friends!  Thank you for joining me for another fun Tuesday Morning sketch.  I am totally loving this one - it's so cute.  Fun layers and embellishment possibilities.

Tuesday Morning Sketches is sponsoring this week.  We're giving away this stamp set by Pink and Main.






Here's the sketch:


My card is on the whimsical side this week, and I think it is adorable (hope you do, too). I have used a white card base, and some older designer paper. ( It is so old that the cover is off what is left of the 12x12 pad, so I can't tell you the manufacturer. I am guessing it might be DCW, but I cannot guarantee it.) I liked the retro look, but also liked the way the flowers mimicked the scalloped matting.

My little Wren image is printed onto X-Press It brand card and colored with Copic markers. I used solid green for the scalloped matting behind the image. I used the accessory pieces dies from Tim Holtz's Funky Cats stamps and dies to cut the sun glasses (from a pieces of silver paper) and the hat (from brown paper inked with SU brown ink).

I typed the sentiment "I Miss Seeing You" on the computer and printed it off on the same brown scrap I used for the hat. I used a La La Land die to cut the conversation bubble around the words. I inked the bubble with the same Stampin Up ink I used for the hat.

This sketch could have gone more formal looking using a different image and flowers (or butterflies as pictured on the sketch) and a small tag rather than the sentiment bubble. Hop on over to the Tuesday Morning blog and have a look at how the other DT members interpreted this sketch. I am always amazed at how each of us uses the very same sketch yet achieve so many different looks.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love your 'cool' image and that Fedora die!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card with the glasses and fedora hat embellishing the image! Those items add a little mystery to the theme, and it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun card! Your coloring is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet & sassy little image and you could not have combined everything better! Especially that little sunglass die cut!

    ReplyDelete