Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Smile in Metal!


I don't know why I cannot seem to be organized any more (or any less -- wait, no, I don't want to be any less). The days are just flying by, and I can't seem to keep them straight. Just discovered that I failed to post this week's Tuesday Morning Sketches card here on my blog (hanging my head).


This is the new sketch. It is provided by Carol and is really much prettier and easier than it looks in the sketch. I know you are going to have fun with this one. The DT all came up with something entirely different from each other.

We also have a fun-tastic prize for this week's challenge, and here it is:


OK, so I went steam punk with my card. I have used one of Sherry Baldie's steam punk images and a variety of dies to create a "metal" look. The bear has been fussy cut and is sitting on a circle that has been topped with a clock face die cut. I ran my "cogs" die through a number of times to get enough pieces to create the elements coming out from behind the circle. Lastly, I moved the sentiment to the side of the card in order to have enough room and used a metal word from my stash. Didn't it turn out adorable?

Despite my being a couple of days behind posting my card, I hope you will still have time to possibly create your own and submit it to the Tuesday Morning Blog challenge. That die sure is pretty and would be a wonderful addition to anyone's collection. They can be used, not only for Christmas, but for wedding and anniversary cards, too. Don't you just love multi-functional tools?

3 comments:

  1. That little steampunk monkey really is cute and I love how you placed him on a clock with Roman numerals! Loving the silver accents with gears and a big SMILE to start the day off right! Cute stuff with this week's sketch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!!!! Your image is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the steampunk card - what a great card. Love the gears.

    ReplyDelete