Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Autumn Thyme




Good morning. This is Thanksgiving week here in the USA. Our neighbors to the north, Canada, have already celebrated their thanksgiving -- they are smart and do it earlier so it doesn't get lost or overlooked by the Christmas season.

I have used the Thanksgiving/harvest theme with my little card. The base card is a light tan with a layer of green topped off with three lovely fall colored papers. The three papers each have a subtle monochromatic pattern embedded in it (you can see the pattern in the left paper, but the photo isn't showing the other two very well).

I matted my oval cut clip art with a green oval and added an orange ribbon and two little resin leaves. 

Despite the many different elements in this card, it went together quickly. I can definitely see this sketch being used for so many different themes (holidays, birthdays, get well, thinking of you). The little bow and flower can be switched out in so many different ways to compliment your theme and/or image. Let your imagination go wild (smile)!

Have a great week, and I hope that those of you here in the US will have a blessed Thanksgiving with good food, good friends and family, and lots of good laughter. God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautifully designed with wonderful Autumn colors and designs, and I just love those tiny resin leaves on the bow! I hope your eye surgery went well and you are feeling well enough to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends! Blessings to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! I love the fall colors and your wonderful image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card - your papers are so rich looking with those deep fall hues. I think your focal image is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image is really pretty and I like your choice of papers. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. Love that image and the colors and papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm kinda glad you're a little late because I don't know how in the world I missed your card last week this is FABULOUS Jenée!

    ReplyDelete