Thursday, January 19, 2012

Bear the Challenge


I have to admit that it took a lot of constraint on my part to keep from using all various forms of bear puns for the title and beginning of this blog entry. This week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle is to use bears, and our delightful images were provided by Janet, at Pink Gem Designs! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of any 4 Black/White images from Pink Gem.

Our DT have provided some wonderful cards for your inspiration, so drop by http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/, have a look and then get creating and enter your own wonderful bear artwork in our weekly challenge.

My card was made using Fairy Teddy (http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/fairy-teddy-digi-stamp-p-778.html). Isn't that just the sweetest, most huggable looking little teddy? The image came in .png format, .jpeg format and colour graphic format. The .png and .jpeg are black and white images allowing you to colour as you desire. The coloured format, of course, is already coloured for you. I chose to colour my own image using my Copic markers. I then cut out the image using a classic oval Spellbinder die. I cut a second oval from pearly hot pink card using the Spellbinder beaded oval die, and I layered the image onto the pink. My card base is white card, then a layer of the same hot pink and then a layer of piece of stripey paper from a We R Memory Keepers 6" x 6" paper pad called "Love Struck." Across the stripey paper, I've added a strip of dotty paper from the same pad. Atop the dotty paper, I've added white satin ribbon and bow. Below the bow, I added some small pink roses and two stick pins (Wild Orchid Crafts). Lastly, I printed a computer generated sentiment which I cut into a circle and backed with an embossed circle of the hot pink. I popped the ovals with image up using pop dot foam, and I lifted the sentiment slightly using less thick pop dot foam.

I hope my little card will help inspire you. Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely Jenee! I love your ribbon with the roses and those cute heart pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - fantastic colours, layout, bear, flowers, litle heart stick pins to die for! gorgeous card jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete