Thursday, January 12, 2012

Birthday Challenge

This week, at Card Crafter's Circle, the challenge is to make a birthday card. Our delightful images were provided by our wonderful sponsor the awesome MelJens Designs! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive their choice of 4 Black/White images... what a great prize!

My card uses this delightful little rodent popping out of a yummy cake (isn't he darling?). He is called Birthday Cake Mouse and he can be found at http://shop.meljensdesigns.com/Birthday-Cake-Mouse-MD0039.htm.  If you check out the DT cards at the CardCraftersCircle blog, you will find some amazing (and colourful) cards, and of course, we'd love to see your own creations using the birthday theme.

My image was printed onto Cryogen paper and coloured with my Copic markers. I then cut the image into a circle using one of my Spellbinder dies. The decorative circle behind the image is a Marianne Design die (LR0152). I did not emboss the Marianne die this time (although that would have also worked), but opted to leave the space (where you see some pearls) blank. The center (white) section is cut using a Fiskar's border punch. I punched a strip of the border and then flipped it top to bottom and cut another strip of the design close to the first strip to make the design. The oval sentiment was a freebie. The pink border around the sentiment is made by colouring with one of the colours I used for the cake frosting. I cut it out and then used small pop-dots to lift it slightly off the card. I added the blue pearls around the Marianne die cut, the upper corner of the card and on each side of the sentiment.

Hope you enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! I love your cake, wouldn't mind one like that to enjoy! Great papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenee,
    I looked up Rome and see it is so beautiful and I'm going to watch Sweet Home Alabama tonight because apparently that was filmed nearby to you!I love how we used the same image and our cards so look different. Your vanilla cake with soft pink frosting does look yummy and I really love this Marianne Design die you used and added bling to,it looks sensational!!!!Great border punch too!
    Hugs Trish xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Love the soft colors and that image is adorable!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heart, Jenee! Your creations are just SO beautiful! I am blessed to have found your beautiful blog. I'd like to invite you to visit my blog, and if you are interested in following me, I would like to invite you. If you don't mind, I would also like to follow you, but I always ask first just in case you do not want this. But, I did want to say how very lovely your work is - WOW! I'd just love to have you visit soon. Blessings to you!
    Karen
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! This is adorable!!! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete