Friday, February 24, 2012

Photo Inspiration


It's that time of year when the northern hemisphere is approaching an end to their winter... and those in the southerner hemisphere are seeing summer's end... So how about some vibrant colours? The challenge theme at Card Crafter's Circle this week is to take INSPIRATION FROM THIS PHOTO for your creation!

Grrr, my blog is not cooperating with me today. I had a choice of centering the inspiration photo and all subsequent text afterwards or to move the photo to the left with the text lining up correctly. I opted for the latter as I figured that would be much easier to read (grin).
 
 
Anyway, my little DT card was completed while I was on my trip to Indy. I picked the purple colour from the flower picture for my main theme. The card base is white with a purple patterned paper (from a pad of Michael's brand paper) on top. I cut the edge of the paper using a Martha Steward scallop punch. The punch leaves a hole in the center of the scallop, and I've centered a purple pearl inside each. My little image is by Saturated Canary. I believe she is called Silver Fairy, but her dress reminded me of flower petals, so in keeping with the theme, I coloured her with some of my Copic purples. Her under skirt is a soft aqua colour (another of the colours in the inspiration photo). There is another piece of patterned paper (which does not show up well in the photo) from the same pad. I cut a border using a Cheery Lynn dies which I placed over the strip cut from the second patterned paper. In the right hand corner, I punched small flowers from card in the pink/salmon colours to continue the flower theme and pick up another colour from the photo.
 
 
I have to admit that colouring my image took longer than putting the card together. It is a simple layout, but is a nice backdrop for the image, keeping it center-stage.
 
 
We would love to see what inspiration you gleen from the photo. Please share whatever you create with us over at the Card Crafter's Circle blog (http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/).
Our  sponsor is DI'S DIGI DOWNLOADS! Do visit the store, for the sweetest images! Especially if you have a penchant for bears! Our randomly drawn challenge winner will receive a $10 store credit, equating to 4 digital images, or to be used against a larger purchase... a great prize!

3 comments:

  1. I love how you pulled out that amazing colour from the inspiration pic! Beautifully coloured sweetheart and I love the scalloped edge you've highlighted with the circles and pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a feminine card, with that sweet image, and those beautiful colours. There's a lot to see, even though the layout is quite clean and simple. Beautifully done, Jenee!

    ReplyDelete