Friday, December 6, 2013

Red or Green or Both

Sami's Stamps challenge #8 starts today, and the challenge is to use red, green or both on your card. Sami has a wonderful new release called "Christmas Joy," and the images are totally delightful. Want to see them? Well, here they are:


For a better look, you can go to Sami's blog or to her online store

I've used "Candy Cane Elf" for my card this week. Isn't she a beauty? I've colored her with Copic markers, and have added a tad of glitter to her hat and belt buckle with a gelly roll glitter pen. My card base is white card with a layer of red card. On top of that, I've used a piece of white embossed using a Provo embossing folder. I "created" my ribbon by combining two different ribbons -- laying the dotty ribbon on top of the solid red. The sentiment is an acrylic stamp which I stamped off using CTMH Holiday Red ink. I cut it into the oval with a Nellie Snellin die and then matted it with red card. I finished off my card with red, glitter dots at the top and bottom.

Sami has added a new freebie and a $2.00 image to the shop so you can play along in our challenge. Remember, you MUST use a Sami's image, so you'll want to grab the freebie if you don't have any of Sami's images. The prizes are a $12.00 gift certificate for first place and an $8.00 prize for second. 

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect bow combination and i love the embossing and the image is so great..coloring is to a perfection!

    ReplyDelete