Thursday, March 27, 2014

Getting Ready for Easter


Are you getting ready for Easter around your house? We used to decorate the house when the kids were little starting with Ash Wednesday, but now that it is just us two old foggies and the fur-babies, we don't put out the decorations. Yes, we do have the grands, but they are older now, too. I kind of miss it all. However, Easter cards are still called for, so I'll be making several.

This little image is by Imagine That - Digies by Kris. and can be found in the shop HERE. I actually colored this image three times because I could not decide on what color to make the sweet little bunny. My first inclination was to make her white (especially since I had a sweet white bunny at one time), but I really wanted more color on my card, so ended up making her gray. I didn't realize, until after I'd fiished coloring her bonnet, that I'd used similar colors as the pre-colored version in the set. Kris and I must have been on a similar wave length (smile).

My card base is a taupe color, and my DP is by K&Company. The background die piece is by Spellbinder, and the corner die pieces are by Cherry Lynn. I've added some pearls and ribbon to finish off my little card. Although it is hard to tell from the photo, all of the colors used can be found in the pretty floral DP papers.

You still have four more days to get a fabulous 40% off your purchase when you buy $10 worth of Imagine That images. Let me remind you that Kris' images are so very reasonably priced, and you will get a LOT for your money! 

I would also like to remind you of our challenge blog (found HERE) and the progressive challenge. ALL who link up will get next month's set FREE!  For March, we are using the Kitty in Flowers set. If you don't have this set, you can purchase it in the store for a discounted price all month long and then join our challenge. Now, since March is almost over, I know many of you may not have time to participate. However, next month we will have a new set available, and if you participate and link up, you will get May's set for free. It is a win-win deal, so have a look and make plans. We always love seeing what our followers make using Kris' adorable images.

Gotta run for now. May your Muses always be actively with you -- go make something beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, such a sweet card Jenée!! I think your coloring always looks better than my digital coloring so even if they're the same colors, yours just shines brighter *Ü* LOVE that pretty pink frame too - so elegant. Thanks so much and I hope you have a blessed Easter next month :) xxkris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that just so cute! I like the border dies...is that a Cheery Lynn one?

    ReplyDelete