Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Butterfly Cutie


Today's sketch is ready for you, and it's a pretty one.  We have a brand new sponsor.  The Stamp Doctor is here with us this week. Dr. Mechele is the owner of The Stamp Doctor and she carries a couple of different stamp brands as well as some exclusive to TSD.  She also designs dies that Spellbinders produces for her.  Amazing stuff!


So, here's our sketch:


As are so many people this year, I'm overly anxious for spring to arrive. I don't do cold well, and there has been more than an abundance of it this brutal winter. Here in the southern USA, Mother Nature is doing her bi-polar thing and vacillating between lovely days and miserable days! We get a glimps of what is to come, but it doesn't last! Consequently, when I saw the butterfly paper among the stash, I just HAD to use it!

I colored this adorably sweet image from The Paper Shelter (called "Cute") using my Copic markers. I used a Spellbinder rectangle die to cut the mat for the image, and then I traced the inside of the die around my image and hand cut it to fit atop the mat. I've kept the embellishments simple because the background paper is so fussy and only added a ribbon.

Our sketch this week is very elegant in its simplicity; yet, versatile enough to also be fun. Depending upon the shape of your matting and the papers you pick, this sketch can go elegant to whimsical. It is definitely a keeper. Take a few minutes and go over to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog to have a look at the work of the other team members to see just how lovely and versatile this sketch really is. Then, join us this week by sharing your own version of our sketch.

Take care. I'll be back later this week with some more cards to share with you.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Jenee, this image is so cute and I love these fun bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Jenee!! That is such a sweet image and I really like that die frame! Haven't seen that one before... hmmm! Maybe I need to shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Jenee! Pretty spring colors! I am ready for spring also! It has been one looooonnnnggg winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a little sweetie Jenee...fabulous colouring and love those papers...gorgeous.

    Sending you springtime wishes..I'm over Summer..I dont do heat..lol..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is super cute and showcases your talent of coloring beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card. I admire your crazy good coloring skills! Another fun mat, too.

    ReplyDelete