Friday, June 6, 2014

Cat In a Box



I think most of you who have followed me for a while know that I am an animal lover especially partial to the felines, so I always love it when one of my designers use kitties in their releases. Sami's new release features three adorable Persian fur-babies, and you can find them, along with beautiful samples, HERE!

For my DT project, I have placed my little kitty inside a pop-up box filled with grass and flowers. These pop-up box cards are quite popular right now. They fold flat to fit inside a regular size envelop and then pop-up to create the stand-up box card. My base box was cut from white card, and the sides and flaps were decorated with designer paper. My kitty is printed onto X-Press It brand card and "colored" with Copic markers. I say colored, but for white images, that simply means coloring the areas that would have shadows (under the neck, beside the legs, etc.). I used C00 to C2 for the shading. The ears and nose are E92 and E000.

The "grass" stems were cut using Impression Obsession die DIE060-I. The flowers inside the box are by Jolee. The butterflies are Martha Stewart punches, and the pearl "bodies" of the butterflies are Recollection pearls. The flowers on the back flap of the box are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The sentiment "Happy Birthday" is cut using Elizabeth Craft die 717. 

Sami is offering a new freebie, and today starts a new monthly challenge (use stripes), so do stop by the Sami Stamps blog and check out all the news.

Before I close, I'd like to share a picture of my real feline fur-baby. This is Annie Olivia. She is the only kitty baby I have left, having recently lost my 15 years old kitty. Annie is not allowed outside by herself, but when time (and weather) permit, I will take her out for a little while. She is real good about staying right with me, too. This photo was taken just a few weeks ago.



4 comments:

  1. I love your pop up card Jenee..fabulous embellishing and the liitle cat is adorable..I love cats too..really love this and must try making one.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, I love what you did with the cat in the pop up box! I just learned how to make the boxes in my advance stamping club. Never would have thought to put the cat in it. Great idea and great job! (I am also a cat lover!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, this is ADORABLE!!! Love making these pop up boxes and the kitty in the flower makes a great theme for one. Super job! Oh, your real kitty is gorgeous!! Oh I miss our cats so much. Had em for 16+ years. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty is adorable! I love the pop-up box with the kitty, too. I am also a cat person. Down to one since we lost one a while back. Her name is Emily and she is beautiful! 🐱

    ReplyDelete