Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Christmas Blessings


This time of the year, my brain gets a little scrambled and my time gets a little off kilter. I apologize for being late with my posting.

Here is this week's lovely, basic sketch. It is perfect for making some quick but lovely cards during this busy time of year.

We also have a super prize this week (I'd like to have this myself). Here is a super stamp/die set that some lucky participant will win:





My card was even "quicker" to make because I used some of Heartfelt Creations Christmas paper, poinsettia stamp and die and sentiment tag for the elements to this wonderfully classic sketch.   I started with a white card and layered a piece of the Heartfelt Creations (HC) paper which I cut so the holly print would fit into the left hand corner. I cut a piece of green card from my scrap bag for the center strip and punched a scalloped edge with a border punch.

The poinsettia is hand made using red card and the HC stamp and die. I added gold Prells (also from HC) to the center. The leaves are a combination of Martha Stewart (fern shape) and McGill (holly leaves) punches. 

Lastly, the small "ticket" shaped sentiment tag is a HC cut out. 

Stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog and have a look at the other beautiful samples provided by the DT. You should find lots of inspiration, and if you have time, we'd love for you to join this week's challenge.

 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I love the poinsettia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a classic, beautiful Christmas make, and I love the poinsettia with the ferns and holly leaves! I love how the ticket sentiment mirrors the design on the bottom left of the card too! Clean and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word - GORGEOUS!! Love this Jenée!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty Christmas card! Love the way you did the flower center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I love this card. HC stamps and papers intimidate me so I don't have any in my collection but I sure love looking at other's cards and projects. You do them proud!

    ReplyDelete