Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I Love You


I know you are probably thinking we haven't even gotten through Thanksgiving yet so what in the world are we doing featuring Valentine's Day cards? You are probably also saying, "We just did that sketch last week." Hum, let me bring in the sketch and then I'll give you some details and reasons.





OK, Melissa is to "blame" for this (smile). She actually didn't intend for these two sketches to be side by side, and she didn't mean for it to be in November. However, when she was setting up the sketches (she does them months in advance), she didn't notice what was happening (she's a busy lady, so we allow her at least one mistake a year - grin). I didn't mind because I have an anniversary December 3rd, so I can see where hearts and love can be throughout the year and not just in February. OK, so this particular card is a bit too feminine for me to use as an anniversary card for my Hubs, but I've got a jump on Valentines (smile).

Let me show you the prize for this week and then I'll tell you about my card:






Now, on to the details of my card. This beautiful card was made using paper and dies from Heartfelt Creation's newest set. It is designed with love in mind, and I just received it last Thursday -- just in time to give it a try for my Tuesday Morning Sketches DT card!

I started with a white card as my base. The beautiful pink paper is from the pad that goes with this beautiful Heartfelt Love collection. The center was cut from the green using the Sweetheart Borders die. My heart uses the Heartfelt Eyelet Hearts set. It was cut out of pink using the eyelet die and then cut again out of white with the matching stacking die. I then stamped the I Love You using one of the stamps in the Heartfelt Love Sentiments set using Close To My Heart ink. To finish off my card, I added paper flowers from Wild Orchid and pink pearls from Recollections.

You do not have to use a heart (although most of the DT did). Check out Debbie's card over at the blog. Melissa's thinking was a layered heart, but you can change that up to another image as long as you get the layers in there. Use some creative thinking if you aren't into hearts or if you'd like your card to be different. 

Have a great week, and for those of you in the US who will be celebrating Thanksgiving this Thursday, have a wonderful one!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is just beautiful with the pretty paper, layered heart and intricate border! I love the colors and sentiment within the heart and the flower accents with those shiny pearls finish this perfectly! Do have a happy anniversary as well as a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like that border die cut you used, so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! It's very feminine and sweet.

    ReplyDelete