Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Cat's Meow


This week we are using a sketch provided by Debbie. This is a simple, but cute, sketch that takes on many different looks depending on the image and the paper. Here is what the blank sketch looks like:


Neat, right?  We have a really nice prize this week, too. Have a look:


I have used another wonderful paper from We Are 3 digital papers called Black & White:


The neat thing about this paper is that you can print it as black & white OR you can print in on a colored piece and have a super looking geometric background (which is what I did).

I used one of the stamps from the Tim Holtz Crazy Katz stamp set, and also a few of the stamps from the accessory set (both sets come with matching dies). I stamped the kitty onto white card using Memento black tuxedo ink and then cut it with a Spellbinder zig-zag edge nesting die. My base card is sand with the We Are 3 paper on top. I used peach as my accent color and cut my strip and the matting square for the image from the peach. 

I used turquoise and white baker's twine, and then pop-dotted my three little accessory pieces over the twine. 

Hope you will join us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Have a good week!











4 comments:

  1. What a clever way to print your own special DSP! Love the colors and especially that TH cat with the fishbone, milk bottle and ball of yarn! The only thing missing is the purring :) Fun take on this week's sketch with some great details as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to print on a color, speaking of which I love the complimentary colors you choose, (I think I said that correct, right?) I always get mine up. This is such a great cat lover card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I love the kitty image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love the background paper - it great that you printed it on colored card stock. That cat is fun, too.

    ReplyDelete