Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Blank Canvas #2


Well, I goofed this week. At the beginning of each month, I print off all the sketches for the entire month. That way I don't have to go to my computer each week and look up the requirements for my Tuesday Morning Sketches card. The only problem is that I printed them all off using my black and white only printer, so the three colors shown above were all one color. Consequently, when I went into my craft room and started my DT card, I read the words but didn't "see" the actual colors. My mind said, "Oh, summer colors; that's so easy." Uh huh, you guessed it. My summer colors were not the ones shown *boohoo*! 

I will point out that my card does contain two of the three colors. There are yellow butterflies in the background, and the little fairy's dress is turquoise. I'm only missing the navy blue (smile). At any rate, because this weekend was a holiday weekend here in the US, and because I was running a wee bit late making my card, I did not have time for a redo. So, (hanging my head), I'm going with what I got done.

The card is a white base with a light blue matting of the colorful (summer colors - smile) butterfly background piece (paper by Recollections). The two dry embossed pieces are from the same pack. The embossing folder is Butterflies and Dragonflies by Sizzix. I turned one piece so the embossing is inward and one so that the embossing is outward. The strip across the bottom (under the image) is a piece of scrap from last week's card and actually comes from the same paper pad which is why it matches so well.

The image is from The Paper Shelter and is called "Make a Wish." The file contains both a pre-colored version and a black and white version of the image. I used the pre-colored image. I printed it, cut it with an oval die and then lightly inked the edges. The sentiment is metal and is lifted with foam backing. 

Would LUV for you to join us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Just remember to use navy, turquoise and yellow on your card! Hope you had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. It's still such a pretty summer card no matter what colors you used! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tilted panels in those pretty pastel colors that have been embossed! Great take on the blank canvas challenge - even if the navy is missing :) Sweet fairy card with all those winged things working the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just precious and Joy was the perfect word to go along with these colors and your little fairy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely card! I love all the colors - you did a great job and they work perfectly with the image.

    ReplyDelete