Tuesday, August 14, 2018

A Special Hug



It is Tuesday morning again, so time for another wonderful sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. This one looks simple, but is also quite versatile. It can be elegant or fun -- the look depends on you and the papers and images you pick.

I have gone with a little bit of a sophisticated look since many of the people I send cards to these days are older adults. This one uses a print from Heartfelt Creations. (I do so love the papers and images from them.) I started with a deep purple (actually plum) as the base card. The dark green printed paper, the purple printed paper and the image are from the Classic Petunia Collection pad. 

Had I planned ahead a little bit better, I would have used my Classic Petunia stamps and dies to handmake the flowers; however, being quite slack lately with my creativity, I had to use flowers from Recollections. The purple has a lovely pearl center and matches the petunias in the print. The green roses, also by Recollections, matches the light green petunias in the print. 

The sentiment is from the same pack. It original read "A special hug for you." However, the full sentiment was too long for the card, so I trimmed it down and then matted it with a piece of the green.

Hope you will have a great week with some time for crafting, and if you are so inclined, we would love to have you use our sketch and share what you make with it. Our prize this week is a bag full of happy!  What do I mean by that?  Melissa has got a bag filled with all kinds of lovely paper flowers -- big ones, little ones - all kinds of colors.  You're going to love it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the wonderful serenity you've captured in this card! Sitting in a garden surrounded by flowers is a wonderful way to relax, and sending a hug along with it just feels peaceful to me! I love those pretty flowers and how perfectly they coordinate with the image! You created an amazing and stunning card for this weeks sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophisticated is the perfect word for this card Jeneé - very beautiful and don't feel slack for taking a tiny little shortcut :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - this is quite lovely. Would be a perfect card for a special woman.

    ReplyDelete