Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Butterfly Thoughts


Another Tuesday means another wonderful sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. This one threw me a little bit at first because there is an image in the oval. Of course, that was only to suggest an image or die cut and not to be taken literally, but my mind kept focusing on that image - duh! Took me walking away from the sketch entirely before I could wrap my mind around what to do. 

Instead of using a literal die cut shape on top of my oval, I used the oval to cut out a picture from Heartfelt Creations. It is one of their many beautiful pre-colored card toppers. I used papers from the same pad (Lovely Lilacs) for the background and the three strips at the bottom.

I added a dimensional bead butterfly and black gems to give my card some dimension.  I added three small black gems to the body of the butterfly in the oval, and three along the right upper corner. The butterfly under the oval is the bead.

I used one of the sentiments from the paper pad for my top, fishtail piece. 

The prize for this week's schedule is a brand new Night of Navy ink pad from Stampin Up. 

Please join us this week by creating your own lovely card using our sketch and posting it on the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog.

Have a great week, and a great weekend.  

7 comments:

  1. Great choice of patterned papers. I love purple and green together. Delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out wonderful Jeneé, you're so great at eyeing just the right images from the papers! Beautiful colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is a pretty card topper and I love how you used it in this sketch! It's peaceful and serene, with soft pastel colors - just the kind of elements you'd want to use for a thinking of you card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning. I love how you can rock Heartfelt Creations because their products intimidate me greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you use Heartfelt Creations paper in your cards. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next in the series fake Omega is the Seiko 5 Sports Street Fighter V Limited Edition SRPF20, nicknamed the “Ken.” Inspired by Ken, Ryu’s brash, aggressive American training partner, the SRPF20 is naturally a bit higher fake Hublot impact visually than its counterpart. The black PVD case, gold PVD crown and bezel, and the black and red bezel insert immediately set replica watches the “Ken” off visually with nods to his trademark golden-blond hair and red judo gi. The dial continues this trend, with gold tone hands and dial text contrasted with a vibrant replica watches uk red rehaut. The classic applied diver indices and lume fill are bent to the color scheme with black pigmented lume applied to red indices, while etched red accents fake rolex traverse the dial in a pattern inspired by Ken’s shirt. Like the SRPF19, the “Ken” features a caseback etching of an replica rolex iconic character move sequence, in this case the moves required for Ken’s spinning “Shoryuken” punch. The SRPF20 wraps things up with a leather-lined red canvas fake watches strap, harkening back to Ken’s distinctive red uniform.

    ReplyDelete