Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Happy Birthday



Are you ready for anothr lovely sketch? I have to say that this one is another "quicky" that doesn't look like it. Depending on what you use for your papers and your image, this sketch can have a plethera of looks! 

I started with a pink card base (a 5" x 7" turned horizontal). I put a layer of blue DP on top (that's where you really set the "tone" of this sketch depending on your background paper). Card, DP and image. It doesn't get any simplier than that! I picked a lovely vintage image of pink flowers for my focal point. I cut the circle and then layered it on the solid pink. I used the same piece of solid but cut an even larger circle from the edge to use across the front. 

A Happy Birthday die cut from the blue DP gives me my sentiment, and I topped it off with pink pearls (simply because I like my bling - smile). I think the whole look is one of simple sophistication, and I'm rather pleased with the overall effect. 

If you haven't given the Tuesday Morning Sketches a try, I think you should. The sketches are so much fun and a real creative boost. We have been having some wonderful participation, but we'd love to have even more. All it takes is a few minutes of your time. Create a card following the sketch, take a picture, then post it to your blog linking it to the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog. 

Have a good week. When you read my blog next Tuesday (not today, but next week), I will be another year old (smile). Yuppers, I have a birthday coming up on the 17th. Someone asked me to name something good about having another birthday. I replied, "Having another birthday!" 

One other thing before I go. Today (11 September) is the anniversary of the attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon by terriorists here in the United States. Please, if you would, take a minute this morning and just remember all the people who lost their lives.

Thank you and God bless!

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty take on the sketch! Love the background papers and pretty flowers. In case I forget (and I do quite often) do have yourself a wonderful birthday on the 17th. I'm not too far behind you as I'm turning another year "wiser" on the 25th! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jenee. The paper is so pretty and I love that you die cut your sentiment from it as well to just tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do vintage style so beautifully Jeneé, this card is no exception - love it!

    ReplyDelete