Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Day Filled With Love



I was ready to write this post last night when my internet went out. Actually, my entire Xfinity went out because I not only didn't have internet, but I didn't have television service, either. Anyway, I hope you will forgive my tardiness.

This week's sketch is by Melissa, and it is a wonderfully classic design that you will be able to use in a variety of ways. Just a hint: those three turned squares can be a plethora of things such as hearts, song notes, other images, candy pieces, spiders, webs, etc. (think Halloween). Are you getting the picture?

I stayed pretty true to the exact design (minus a bow) for my card. I have been having to replenish my stash of adult birthday cards, so the original design fit my needs. The carnation image is colored with pencil and then I added a light coating of glitter shimmer to different petals (not all of them) and the center.

I started with a light pink 5 x 7" card base. All of the other papers (except the image) are from my scrap pile. Yes, you read that correctly. Other than the card base, I did not use any new paper for this card. I layered the image with dark pink to set it off from the multi-colored background paper. I punched three squares (using a Creative Memories punch), and I stamped the sentiment. The two gems that I used in place of the bow are dark green and match the green in the background. (Yes, I know they look a bit bluish in the picture, but they are green.)

Have a good week. Here's hoping that will include some crafting time! See you again next Tuesday, if not before.

7 comments:

  1. such a pretty card, the colors are so happy and great use of scraps! I like the two gems instead of bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a pretty flower image, colored beautifully and the 3 elements look perfect in the colors you chose. Love how you did the sentiment panel too - minus the bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great color combo and the glitter was the perfect touch, plus that always feels so great to make something beautiful from scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your flower is colored beautifully. I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! Such a lovely color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds of me harlequin romance.

    ReplyDelete