Saturday, November 15, 2014

Father Christmas



I have pretty much gotten all of my Christmas cards made for this year. Just have a few more that need inside sentiments/verses and some envelopes that need to be made and they will all be ready for addressing. Truth be known, I had a stack left over from last year that didn't get mailed out, so I had a good head start on the project. Sad state of affairs, eh?

This is one that I made last Wednesday when I went up to my play date with my girlfriend whom I visit every other week. This was a fairly simple card but turned out quite lovely. The papers are from a K&Company 12" x 12" pad that she purchased last year. The card weight, red and ecru, are from our stash. The Father Christmas topper is from a new kit that we each bought from Crafter's Companion. Isn't it lovely? We printed it off with the computer and mounted it to the red card. Then we added sparkle. I used Stickles (I think Star Dust) which I haphazardly "painted" along the top and the right side only. We did try glitter embossing powder, but the glitter did not stay on the paper as well as the Stickles glitter did. (NOTE: If you do use glitter embossing powder, put it on and heat set it before you add the topper to the red matting else the adhesive will melt and your image will come off the matting.)

I made the red bow which is adhered to the left corner of the image with a glue dot, and the Merry Christmas sentiment is from the K&Company pad which we cut into a "ticket" shape using a die. The ticket may have been a bit "over kill" since the image has printing of merry Christmas in different languages, but we felt the card needed a little something at the bottom there, and we were trying to keep the card relatively flat for easier mailing. 

Hope you like the card. I am quite fond of vintage Father Christmas images, and the cd which comes in the Crafter's Companion kit has several of them for me to use.

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty Christmas card! I love the vintage image you used and the papers coordinate perfectly.

    ReplyDelete