Friday, November 21, 2014

"SEA"sons Greetings


Sami of Sami's Stamps has put together a fun set of images this week. They are quite unique for Christmas in that they are all lovely mermaids -- hey, just right for the tropical Christmas, eh? They are really quite pretty, and the DT discovered that many of them can be multi-functional in that they are not specific to Christmas. Here is a thumb nail look at all the images:



To have a better look (and also to see the beautiful samples the design team have made), you'll want to go over to Sami Stamps' blog HERE.

I used the beautiful Candy Cane Mermaid. Keeping with the sea theme, I've used predominately aqua and blue-green for my colors. After coloring the mermaid, I did brush some Stickles Star Dust along the side and onto the very bottom of her tail.

 My card is a white base. I had not planned to use the white base and had cut the dark aqua shape to be the card base. Alas, the die slid down a bit on one side so that when I ran it through the cutter, one side of the top was not attached to the back. I just ended up cutting the two pieces completely apart and adhering one to the white square base. I then cut the next smaller die using the aqua patterned paper (believe it or not, that came from a Christmas pad called "Old World Winter" by the Paper Studio).

I inked around my image piece using ColorBox "aqua."  My dies are DooHickey by Magnolia and were a special order set available early last spring. I cut three of the sea grasses, lightly brushing the aqua ink here and there on the die cuts to give them a little more depth. I did not, however, ink the little jelly fish. 

The flowers are a combination from my stash. They are by Prima, WOC and Recollections. The sea shells are some I've had for a very long time and they were purchased in a package, not personally collected (sigh). 

I did computer generate my sentiment, and I refrained from making the sea portion of the greeting large (as in my blog title) because I thought that was just a bit over the top for my lovely card (grin). 

Please stop by the blog and have a look at all the lovely cards. There is no new challenge as our challenges run for the entire month, so if you haven't joined in yet, you still have time. We'd love to see what you do with a Sami Stamps image. Also remember that there is a special offer (sale) on all images that runs through 31 December 2014. A perfect time to pick up some of Sami's beautiful images!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card Jenee, love all your fun embellishments.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete