Sunday, July 19, 2015

SVG Saturday


Hello everyone. I know this is Sunday and not Saturday, but I was away from the computer yesterday so couldn't post. My family and I were attending a birthday party yesterday to celebrate my Mother-in-law's 90th birthday! Such a blessing to be have this wonderful lady still with us. We were able to see family members that we had not seen in YEARS, and that was a joy, too.

As I think I mentioned, I was asked to be a member of Sherri Baldy's SVG design team. Sherri (and her right hand gal, Sher Brown) have been designing SVG files to go along with many of the images that are in the Etsy and the Scrapping Society stores. If you have an electronic cutting machine that uses SVG files, you can now add custome embellishments to your cards that match many of the images you've already grown to love.

For the card above, I have used:

SVG bow link: http://scrapbookstampsociety.com/auction_details.php…
Image 086 link: https://www.etsy.com/…/instant-download-digital-digi-stamps…

 I colored the image with Copic markers after printing it on X-Press brand card. I have to thank my daughter, Amber, for helping me by picking out the papers I've used on this card. She spent about an hour one morning while I was at work going through my papers to find just the right ones to match the colors I'd used in the card. (Yes, I color first and then find the matching papers -- not always the smartest was of doing things - LOL!) 

The SVG file for the bow border comes with the outline overlay and the solid fill pieces. I did find, because of how thin the overlay piece is, that a lighter weight card is best for cutting. I tried several weights, and finally got the best cut with the lighter weight (65 pound). I cut the bottom (solid) piece from dotty designer paper. 

If you would like to see more designs, visit the Scrapbook Stamp Society store, or join us on Facebook at My-Besties Designs to see the beautiful samples the DT have made using the new files.

1 comment:

  1. Being able to see distant family members at a happy time is definitely a blessing :)
    I love this - such a great sentiment, and I love your bright cheery colours. And that bow piecing - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete