Friday, July 10, 2015

Tuesday on Friday

I sincerely apologize for totally being out of it this week. My work schedule is all wonky due to one of my coworkers taking a summer holiday and the rest of us having to take up the slack. I have one more week of wonkiness (not sure if that is really a word, but it works for me), and then I will be back to my regular schedule.

This week's challenge sketch is:



Isn't that a nice, classic sketch? It can be used over and over and never look the same, it is that classic of a design.

We are being sponsored this week by  Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet

I have used the Butterfly Love image for my card. I colored this beautiful image with Copic markers and then put a coat of Stickles Diamond Dust glitter on the wings. My card base is green, and the decorative papers are both from the same 6x6" pack of paper. I added white ribbon and a small pink rose to finish off the composition. 

I kept the card clean and simple because of the busy background paper. I felt that adding anything else to the card (except possibly a sentiment) would make the front too cluttered and detract from the lovely image. 

I am rather late with this post, but if you do happen to be here, and you have a few more minutes, please stop by the Tuesday Morning Sketches Blog and have a look at the cards that the DT have made this week to inspire you. It also is not too late to create a lovely of your own and enter it into this week's challenge. You have until 6:00 pm (Eastern) to enter your creation. We'd love to have you!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card Jenee! Your coloring is always perfect! Love the added glitter to her wings and the ribbon/rose accent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb colouring :-D
    Thank you for making such a fabulous project using our images.
    It is a pleasure to sponsor you and I hope you have enjoyed working with our images.

    Best wishes,

    Ike
    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonkiness is totally a word :)
    This is absolutely adorable - I love the yellow, and the sparkle on her wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely Jenee. Your coloring is flawless.

    ReplyDelete