Friday, August 14, 2015

Dear Santa Release

This weekend the Sherri Baldy Facebook design team helped introduce some new images for Sherri Baldy's My Besties. The darling images were adorable and fun to work with and can be purchased in both colored versions (if you are short on time) and black and white (for you to color yourself). Sherri also introduced some new clear stamps, some new Letter Page kits, dies and more. You will want to make sure you check them all out.

I am going to share three cards that I did using new images. I had loads of fun coloring up these little cuties. Hope you like them, too.






The first one, Cookies for Santa, is done in a non-traditional color palette of pink, blue and green. The Image is colored with Copic markers (isn't she lovely?). I used papers from the My Mind's Eye "Merry" 6" x 6" pad, a white card base, and blue card for matting. I've used roses and cherry blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts, and white leaves cut with a die from La La Land Crafts. The sentiment is computer generated and cut with a tab punch.




This image, "Hanging Garland" is also colored with Copic markers. I've used the traditional colors of red and green for this one. Click on the photo of the card to enlarge it, and you will better be able to see the decorative border under the red dotty center strip. This is one of the new Sherri Baldy SVG files for use with electronic cutters (such as Silhouette or Cricut). The papers are from a 6" x 6" pad  by Pebbles called "Welcome Christmas." I've added red dotty ribbon and a silver stocking die as well as two white blossoms. The sentiment is stamped with green ink.


This last card uses "Dear Santa" (there is also a Dear Santa image using our darling little boy, so you have a choice). I have combined traditional and non-traditional colors for this card. Again (and I didn't write down which pad I used - I apologize and will try to be more careful about that), I have used papers from one of my 6" x 6" pads. I colored the face, hair, paper and those darling kitty slipper with Copic markers, but I Paper pieced the headband and nighty (papers from the same pad). I cut a snowflake using a die I had received free with a magazine, and topped it with a blue flower I purchased from Michael's. The Swirl is cut with a Joy Craft die. I have used a white card base and cransberry red card for matting. The sentiment is computer generated, and I inked around the edges to make it stand out more.

Please look us up on Facebook at "My Besties Designs" to see more samples from the other DT members and go to the online store "My Besties Shop.com" to see the wonderful line of products.




1 comment:

  1. Your holiday cards are beautiful Jenee! All the characters look so festive and so fun!

    ReplyDelete