Sunday, July 10, 2011

Make a Wish

It is hot and humid outside, so the only thing to do is stay inside and create (grin). I've been doing a lot of coloring of late (some new images to try), so my stash is getting even larger than it already was. Consequently, I am putting myself on restriction (haha) and not allowing myself to color until I actually USE some of the images that I have prepared (sob, sob). If you've read previous posts to my blog, you know that I really enjoy the coloring part more than the card making part. I think that is a hold over from my childhood because I so enjoyed my boxes of crayons and my coloring books when I was young.

Anyway, in an effort to get myself motivated to actually make some cards, I toured some of my favorite blogs and challenges and found a nice sketch at Deconstructing Jen's page. She does have nice sketches, and I've found them very helpful in the past whenever my creative Muses are off somewhere else doing their "thang." (And yes, I did say "thang" because those Muses tend to have quite an attitude at times!)

I used a Lili of the Valley image on Cryogen paper for this little card. I colored her with soft colors using my Copic markers, but I added a little bit of "Star Dust" Stickles to her wings, wand and antenna tips. I inked the edges of the pink paper to make them stand out a little more, and I added Wild Orchid roses and some pearls to the top right corner. I've deliberately left off the sentiment (which I sometimes do) because I don't know how I'll use this card or for what. I'll add an appropriate sentiment to the front before sending/giving the card (either a circle on the top left or a banner at the bottom right to form my visual triangle.).

OK, off to my craft room again. See you later!

Entered in weekly challenges:
http://deconstructingjen.blogspot.com
http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card, Jenee! You did an awesome job coloring! I love the LOTV images but haven't gotten any yet. Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

    ~Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That stamp is just adorable! I really like the ribbon you used too. Thanks so much for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete