Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bonnie and Me

Bonnie Kohane's Card

My Card

If you are a regular follower of my blog, you may remember about a month or so ago I shared two cards that were the same but different. While visiting my friend Bonnie in Indianapolis, we each created the same background for a card and then finished it off with two different Mo Manning images. Bonnie used a little dog on her card, and I used Oskar, a grandfatherly image.

Well, we've done it again. Only sad thing is that we had to get together via internet and not in person. Using the same sketch and some of the same papers (well, the background floral piece and the wood strip piece are the same - the rest are different) we each created a card on our own.

As you can see, Bonnie and I both used Magnolia stamps for our cards.  Bonnie specifically used the Magnolia image so that she could enter her card in a Magnolia challenge. I used my little image because it fit in the oval (grin). Since I made the card base first, I had to then find an image that would go with my card, and this little Tilda was perfect.

We both started with a white card (mine is 5.5" x 5.5", and Bonnie's is 5" x 5"). On top of that, I placed a piece of purple and Bonnie used a Bazzill gray to mat our patterned paper (from My Mind's Eye). The strip of wood looking paper is also by My Mind's Eye. That piece is also matted with the purple/gray. Next, my yellow strip is from the same little My Mind's Eye pad (Bonnie's yellow piece is also by Bazzill). She cut two pieces of the yellow and matted them both. I only cut one piece of the yellow which I matted with the purple.

As you can see, I turned the sketch a quarter turn so that my wood strip is at the top rather than along the side. My oval shape is also from side to side rather than up and down. We cut our ovals using a Spellbinder regular oval and then a scalloped oval. Bonnie added lovely swirls using a Memory Box die (which I don't have, but definitely need to think about getting - grin).

So there you have it -- two for one (smile). For a better look at Bonnie's card, go over to her blog (http://grandmabonniesplace.blogspot.com/2012/04/this-ones-for-you-my-friend.html). I know you will enjoy the visit because Bonnie is a very creative, talented crafter.

P.S. Yes, I realize to be grammatically correct, my title for this entry should be "Bonnie and I"; however, that just didn't seem to fit the mood (smile). Bonnie and me just sound more homey and friendlier -- ok?

3 comments:

  1. It's ok with me.....I do it all the time...haaa!
    Lady, you two are so clever and creative.....I still haven't tried to make a card this way about, yet, but it seems to be the way to go.....lovely results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenee
    Thank you so much for popping by my blog with your kind words this means a lot to me.
    Both yours and your friends cards are just beautiful, image colouring is amazing!! your blog is beautiful and have became a follower and hope to pop by as often as I can...
    Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete