Friday, April 6, 2012

Chocolate Bunny

Hello my dear blogger friends. I know I've not been around much -- just my weekly posts for the Card Crafter's Circle DT challenges/cards. After being tagged for a week of jury duty followed by my little granddaughter (whom I keep during the week) having a week's bout with strep, I'm running way behind. I've been madly trying to get my samples finished up for new dies for Dutch Paper Crafts, and I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Had hoped to get those samples in the post today, but sadly, will be Monday before they get sent out.

Anyhow, this week's challenge at Card Crafter's Circle is CHOCOLATE BUNNY. You are asked to either use chocolate as your colour scheme or to use a bunny. We are excited to have a fabulous returning sponsor MELJENS DESIGNS. Meljen images are so delightful and fun. Her whimsey is quite charming, so if you haven't visited the Meljen site, treat yourself and go have a look.

I have kept with the Easter theme for my card, but you don't have to use your bunny for Easter (after all, Easter is just two days away, so you may have finished up all the Easter cards you need). Bunnies are also delightful images for babies, spring, birthdays, love -- hey, who doesn't love a bunny?

The image I used is MD Hop Along Bunny. I coloured it up using my Copic markers. My base is white card, and picking up the flower theme in the design, I used a colourful flower design as my background paper. I used a sketch from "The Sweet Stop" sketch challenge blog (http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com). I placed a strip of pink card across the patterned paper and then cut a piece of ribbon which I layered on top of the pink and under the image. I inked the square from which my image is cut and matted it atop a piece of blue paper. Lastly, I added the flowers (Wild Orchid Crafts) and the sentiment (matted with pink). Not a tremendous amount of work, but the results is a colourful, spring-ish card that celebrates the season. Over all, a rather pretty little card.

If you have a few minutes (or are looking for a bit of inspiration), drop by Card Crafter's Circle (http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/) and see what my DT teammies have created. I know you will enjoy all the wonderful cards. Also, remember to enter our challenge this week as our  randomly drawn challenge winner will receive 4 digital images (uncoloured) of their choice... and since Melissa's designs are FAB, you'll not want to miss the opportunity of possibly getting four free images.

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates this glorious season.

4 comments:

  1. I really do love those papers, Jenee.....so Spring-like....and you coloured up the cute bunny so beautifully....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a happy little bunny! Lovely card! Thanks for visiting my blog last week and for choosing my bonnet as one of the top3 - it was such a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing this fun bunny it just makes me smile! I love how you've used it on such a cheery card! Great way to use the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenee!
    Your card is adorable. I love your coloring of the bunny and the DP's are lovely.
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. So glad that you are also a survivor.
    God bless
    Hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete