Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Sorry

Last night my older daughter, Paige, phoned. She lives in Virginia, and the month of April had been a challenging one for her, so she just wanted to talk with her Mom. I always enjoy our phone conversations even though they always seem to go on for several hours (smile). After I hung up with her, I went into my craft room and made this little card to send off to her.

This little Mo Manning image is so cute. I bought it in digital format thinking it might be a cute image to use if I should ever forget a birthday. I didn't think, until last night, that it would also make a cute "get well" card or, as for Paige, a pick me up card.

I colored the image using Copic markers and cropped the image into a rectangle which I matted on blue paper. The solid blue that I used for all the mats is by DCWV. The the patterned paper I used for the rest of the card is from a 6x6" pad by My Mind's Eye called Vaniety Fair. My Mind's Eye must be really appealing to me right now because I've purchased several new pads lately by them.

The card base, itself, is white, and having picking three papers from the pad and matting each, it was just a matter of layering. I printed off "I'm Sorry" from my computer using a font called "Kids" and then cut it using just the top portion of one of my Spellbinder label dies. I inked around the edges and tucked the sentiment to the right of the image.

The hardest part (for me) and the thing that took the longest in making this little card was deciding how I was going to embellish it and with what. After trying a gazillion different items, I finally decided on the yellow roses (Wild Orchid Crafts), a swirl (Joy Crafts die 6003/0008 from Dutch Paper Crafts), and leaves (McGill hand punch).

Now, I just need to get a sturdy mailing envelop made and get this little darling popped into the mail.

3 comments:

  1. This is a super card, I hope it cheers your daughter up, thank you for the kind comments on my blog.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty little card, Jenee.....I love those papers.....and the image is just the cutest! I think you're right about it being suitable for so many occasions....very adaptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image is so adorable, and I can see how it could be very versatile! Love your papers you chose and the flowers and flourish are perfect!

    ReplyDelete