Friday, May 25, 2012

Tag, You're It

 The theme for our challenge this week at Card Crafter's Circle, is

TAGS

Create a tag, or a card that incorporates tags in your design.

We are excited to share with you a new sponsor, Robyn's FetishOur randomly drawn winner will receive their choice of five (5) digital images...



 
For my DT card, I used this cute angel image from Robyn's Fetish, coloring her with red and khaki Copic markers, then cutting around the image to form a rectangle and matting with black. I started with red card for my base, and matted my patterned paper onto black. My patterned paper was a piece of 12x12" that I had in my stash. It is a vintage look tan with subtle writing on the background.
 
I then found the patterned tag on another piece of paper and cut it out. I added the brown piece at the top where I punched my hole to give it more strength so it would not tear when I added the jute string. I also cut another tag from cream tagboard, embossed it using a Provo embossing folder and my Cuttlebug, and then inked the embossing with brown ink. I attached the two tags together with the jute string at the top.
 
The sentiment, "Thanks, You're an Angel," was printed onto a piece of the background paper and matted with the black. To finish off my card, I stacked two Prima paper flowers and added a jeweled brad in the center.
 
I quite liked the look of this little card when it was all finished. It has a bit of an eclectic feel with the vintage papers and the more modern little angel, the old world tags and the touch of the red flower and jeweled brad.
 
I hope you will take the time to create a lovely tag or card with tag and share it with us at Card Crafter's Circle (http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/). We really would love to see what you do with our challenge theme.

3 comments:

  1. Your angel is adorable, Jenee, and I particularly like the red and khaki colour combination, and the way you put both the lovely tags together....splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has such a warm old time feel! Love how you used your tags and your colour choice is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenee...it's been a while since I've visited...hate it when life gets in the way of my blog hopping!! hehe! Your card is just adorable, girlfriend!! I love this image...may have to add a few to my own collection! And your coloring is gorgeous! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete