Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tilda With Daisy

I have been trying to master creating folds in clothes using my Copic markers. Trying is the operative word in that sentence. Suzanne Dean covered them in her Color Me Copics class that I took last spring. Several designers have provided wonderful You-tube videos on the subject. Even the Magnolia Ink magazine covered the topic in a fairly recent issue. For some reason my mind is just not yet grasping the concept. I had a similar experience when I was painting. Give me a face to paint, no problem; give me realistic flowers -- well, let's just say that they left a lot to be desired.

The little Tilda image on my card above is one of my attempts. No, you don't see any folds. I've covered them up! I am doing my practice on my good X-Press It Blending card, so rather than wasting my cardstock, ink and time, I've paper pieced over the clothing. I have a number of these "altered" images in my stash now, so I thought it was about time to use some of them.

Well after literally spending over an hour trying to find a sketch, and then spending an equal amount of time trying to find paper that would work, not only with the image, but with the sketch, too, I finally got this little card made up (shew!)

My base card is white with a layer of green card on top (cut about 1/8" smaller than the base card). On top of the green, I have layered a piece of orange card. I cut a 1 1/2" strip of patterned paper and matted it with the green. I cut out my image using a Spellbinder die (Labels 8) and matted that with the green. Across the DP, I have added a strip of lace and green ribbon. My sentiment was cut out and matted onto the green (cut with Spellbinders Beaded Circles die). I then added some roses from WOC, and finished it off with little green gems.

The construction was quick and easy once I got the concept, the paper, the embellies and the image to all gel up (grin). Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Jenee! Love her dress and the lace under the ribbon! Nice touch!