Friday, June 8, 2012

Monochromatic, Please

This week at Card Crafter's Circle (http://cardcrafterscircle.blogspot.com/), we challenge you to create using a MONOCHROMATIC colour scheme! We want to see what you can do with one colour (allowing for black line images, white cardstock etc) ....
Our sponsor this week, is Stamp-N-Doodle!


Stamp-N-Doodle have unique diversity, offering rubber stamps, digital stamps, and printable scrapbooking supplies. They also offer crafting instructions!

Our winner this week will receive a prize of two images of their choice from the Stamp-N-Doodle inventory.

The DT team decided to use the rainbow as inspiration for our monochromatic scheme, with each one of us using one of the ROYGBIV colours. We were asked by our sponsor to each use the same image which is called Prom Queen. The team also decided to keep our individual cards hidden from each other until the Friday challenge went live, so the reveal was a big surprise for all of us. As always, the team stepped up to the challenge with our usual verve and created some absolutely beautiful cards. You'll want to go over and have a look see at the lovely rainbow of talent.

My card uses the red colour scheme (obviously). I used a smidgeon of the neutral tan colour but otherwise kept to the red as much as possible. All papers, to include the patterned papers, are from my stash. After colouring the image, I used one of my Spellbinder dies and cut the image out. I used the next size large of the same die set for the mat behind the image. I used red ink by ColorBox to ink around the image.

The ribbon is from Michael's Crafts. It is a beautiful organdy with side bands of satin. I placed it across the card to separate the two patterned papers. After adding the bow, I also added three red flowers from WOC (a mum type and two roses). Lastly, I added the swirls of pearls to finish off this very elegant card.

6 comments:

  1. Elegant, indeed, Jenee, and I would add SUMPTUOUS! I do like the way that teeny bit of tan adds such depth to the reds, and your choice of papers are spot-on......a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, in all my excitement at this gorgeousness (I think I just made a new word!), I forgot to say a big Thank You for your lovely compliments on my own effort....much appreciated, Teamie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenee,
    This is such a wonderful card and I totally love the red dress!!! I love the ribbon you chose and your beautiful and elegant pearl flourish to finish!!! Very upmarket card!!!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs Trish xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is fabulous and the image reminds me of the girl in your avatar with that beautiful long hair! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this image and card..it caught my eye immediately on the challenge blog...NOW I just have to join your blog as a new follower...thanks for your kind words on my Monochromatic card....very classy card and this is one image I will get, whether I win or not...cheers, Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for visiting my blog :) This is marvellous (red is my fav colour) and I think it was brilliant what the DT did this week. Such organisation!

    ReplyDelete