Sunday, September 9, 2012

Christmas Wishes

Another Christmas card under my belt -- yeah! I need to keep at it. Don't send out an overly huge amount of cards, but the pitiful stack I've got right now isn't going to cut it at all (grin). I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches and a cute little Tilda from the new Christmas 2012 releases. I stamped Tilda onto X-Press It brand card and coloured her up with my Copics.

The card base is white with a layer of cranberry card (I think that is from CTMH) and then two DPs from my stash (sorry, manufacturer name is gone). The bottom DP has subtle snowflakes while the second DP is soft green on white images of various vintage Christmas scenes (horse drawn sleigh, tree in parlour, etc.) I matted the second DP with the same cranberry as the first. Then I matted my little image with green (DCWV). I added a row of white lace and then two heart shaped buttons. I glued the red button to the green using glue dots. The sentiment is a round stamp, and I cut the inside circle (with sentiment) from the larger circle of the overall design so that it would better fit the top of my card. I matted it onto cranberry and added two small red pearls (Recollections) between the holly leaves. I then added three graduating green pearls to the bottom right to give that visual triangle to the composition. Oh, and one last thing, I added a light coat of Diamond Dust to her little wings. Unfortunately this is a poor photo (really need to try to get a better one), so the light sparkles are not showing at all.

I will enter this card in:
http://www.tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/ - Sketch
http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Early Christmas
http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

18 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Jenee!! Sweet image and I love the lace and buttons!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card...such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Fantastic coloring on Tilda--love those green and white socks tights, and the button embellies are perfect! I'm with you on needing to get to work on Christmas cards--I've only made one so far! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!! Tilda looks fantastic, great job coloring. Good for you for working on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How super sweetness! Lovely Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so sweet and pretty in green. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet Tilda, very pretty
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet and pretty card and so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great coloring!!!i love the clean design lines, stunning!!
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so precious! I love how you colored her!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love CAS cards. Your Tilda is adorable! I haven't even thought about Christmas cards yet. I had to smile at your comment on my card. I love the name Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling card, Jenee. Tilda looks lovely in green. Awesome Christmas card.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenee, gorgeous christmas card. Love this adorable angel and you've coloured her beautifully. Gorgeous lace.
    You and me both--I need to work on increasing my xmas card inventory too!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Jenee! Red-headed Tilda looks FAB in green!!!
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love how you colored Tilda...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty and so cute..i love your card! I really like her red hair...reminds me of Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a Magnolia stamp lover and I just love how you've done up this sweet Tilda! I have yet to color one with red hair but I would love to try. Are you willing to share which colors you've used? The DPs are fabulous! I especially like the lighter green one! Great card!

    ♥ Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute and lovely Tilda coloring. Sweet card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete