Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Thinking of You

Good day everyone. We have a new challenge at the new Twist of Faith Card Challenges, and the theme is Thinking of You. Here is my DT card for this challenge:

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps, and they are generously giving our randomly picked winner a $15 gift certificate to purchase whatever beautiful images our winner desires from the Clear Dollar Stamps store. That will be no easy task because the images at Clear Dollar Stamps are wonderful, and narrowing down to just $15 dollars worth will be a real challenge!

My card uses a beautiful butterfly image which I colored with my Copic markers, then cut out. I pulled an image of a real butterfly up on my computer and sat in front of the monitor screen as I colored so that I could get the coloring as accurate as my feeble skills would allow. I think I did a pretty good job even if I say so myself (smile).

The verse is from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique site. She freely shares beautiful word art graphics weekly, and there are so many beautiful verses there that are just fantastic for use on cards. This one especially fit out theme this week and is also the inspiration verse on the Twist of Faith blog.

After coloring and cutting my butterfly image, I embossed a background of butterflies using a Life Style Craft's embossing folder. I embossed on white and then to make the embossed images "pop" a bit more, I lightly inked over the top with a Colorbox sky blue ink. I used the little "cat's eye" pad and swiped the pad lightly over the embossed panel directly.

I started with a white card base and added a layer of blue card then adhered the embossed panel on top of that. I then cut my verse using a Spellbinder's Labels Eight die. I then traced around the same die onto the blue card to get the mat for my saying which I then cut by hand. The three flowers came from a package of flowers I bought at Michael's Crafts, and the little pearl centers were already part of the flowers. I punched my green leaves using a punch which I've had for years and which does not have the manufacturer's name printed on it. I believe it might be by McGill.

I do hope my card will inspire you to have a go at the thinking of you challenge. Twist of Faith is a fairly new challenge blog, but I encourage you to have a look and to give the challenges a try. The sponsors lined up all have wonderful digital images and are being very generous with their prizes. The design team are wonderfully talented ladies, so you will enjoy seeing their work which you will find very inspirational.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday #46 - Friends
2 Sisters - Things with Wings




















































































7 comments:

  1. So lovely! Your coloring on the butterfly is just gorgeous and love that embossing folder too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO super pretty! What an absolutely DELIGHT it is to have the TOF team play along in our challenges. I know that several of our teamies are also enjoying your wonderful challenge blog. It's such a sweet fellowship when God's people can create together for His glory. Thank you for sharing and being part of our challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you have a blessed and creative week, and please feel free to share all your delightful art with us. To God be the glory for all!!
    Hugs and prayers,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Jenee, that butterfly is beautiful.gorgeous colouring and card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card lovely design thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your time in front of the screen paid off dividends...your butterfly is so beautiful....looks sooo real! Your embossed background adds some lovely texture, and the flowers finish everything off, wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is also beautiful..and you made me scroll down quite a way to let you know how much i like this card!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete