Tuesday, September 18, 2012
So, this morning I went into my craft room with the determination to salvage as much of the card as I could. I removed the Magnolia image and the stamped leaves and replaced them with this little shaker ghost I found in my stash. I also added the little silver metal dots (I think those are called candy dots) to each corner. Lastly, I added he word Boo in the upper right "square." The card is still a bit plainer than my usual style of cards, but it will now make a cute Halloween card for my little granddaughter, and I am a bit more satisfied. (Still later in the evening, I found some cute little resin pumpkins in my stash that would have been cuter in the corners than the silver candy dots, but I opted to just save them for another time -- one revision is more than enough.)
Despite not being terribly thrilled with my challenge entry (original) card, I think things happen for a reason. If you visited me on Sunday, you will have read about my fnding a glue gun that I've been missing for over a year. If I had not been determined to enter the TMS challenge (you will also remember I made a card on Saturday to enter, but it did not meet the "fall" requirement), I would not have found the glue gun (I did so miss the long, thin nozzle for getting into tight places!). Yes, the sweet Hubs had bought me a replacement for my birthday (which we are going to exchange), but now I will get something else that I want rather than having two of the same thing -- double plus there (grin)!
So, just wanted to share the remake. Hope you enjoy. Drop back to see me again when you have time. I always enjoy visits with nice people -- and we all know that crafters are nice people!