Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Day at the Races

It's Spring Racing Carnival time in Australia, so they are media saturated with images of beautiful people in glamorous clothes, striking Race Horses with their jockeys and silks, rose gardens and champagne. Since our wonder Card Crafter's Circle blog owner is Australian (as is one of our great DT members), our challenge for you this week, is to create a card, fitting our theme...


A DAY AT THE RACES
(GLITZ and GLAMOUR)

Will you show us horses in the winner's circle? The champagne and canapes? Or the Ladies and the Fashions on the Field? Whatever it is, make sure it's Glitzed and Glamoured!





Here in the USA, the racing season has come to an end. We have run the Kentucky Derby, Preaknes, and all the other circuts. When I think of the races, I do think of the haute coutour hats and clothes. I, unfortunately, didn't have an image of a lady wearing a high style hat (which would have been my choice), so I went looking for freebies on the internet. Sadly, because I am running behind, I failed to note where I got this imge and the artist's name. If anyone recognizes it, will you please let me know so that I can give appropriate credit? I printed off the image and colored it with Copic markers. I used a Sakura Jelly Roll clear star glitter pen for her jewelry to imitate diamonds.

The DP is from the MME pad called Cowboy. The roses are from WOC and Recollections. I painted red Stickles on all three of the roses for extra glitz and sparkle. The jewel swirls are by Recollections.

If you have a minute or two, please drop over to the Card Crafter's Circle blog and have a look at what my fellow teammates created for this fun theme. Thanks! Have a blessed week.

3 comments:

  1. She's very fabulous Jenee! Love your colouring and the background paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks familiar, Jenee, but I can't place where I've seen her.....definitely wasn't at the races...hahaaa!
    Your card is lovely....love the banner and the swirly bling....she looks as if she's having a great time!

    ReplyDelete